Addisyn is officially 1 year old! It's hard to believe that this time last year we were in the hospital with a brand new baby girl who only wanted to eat and sleep. Mostly sleep. Her first year has been a blessing. I was fortunate to have a very fast labor and delivery (5.5 hours total, only 20 minutes pushing). Despite some obstacles we persevered and had a wonderful first year of breastfeeding - never even used a bottle. We began using cloth diapers when Addisyn was 2 months, I'm loving every minute of it and I will NEVER go back to disposables. Addisyn has been a good sleeper and good eater from the beginning.
We had an early birthday celebration with family and friends in Virginia, and then just spent her actual birthday (May 22nd) doing things together as a family here in Texas. For the Virginia party I made Addisyn an applesauce banana cake (think banana nut bread in density) and cut and decorated it to look like an owl (the party theme). She ended up with lots of loot from that party - books, puzzles, clothes, a few toys, and some contributions to her college fund. Here at home I made her a "fruit cake" - layers of kiwi, banana, some diced cantaloupe and watermelon, and a strawberry on top. Matt and I got her a Little Tikes "Spiralin' Seas Waterpark" water table, which she loves (and will hopefully find more appealing than the dog's water bowl). We also got her a some tub crayons and (this was my idea) a tadpole/frog habitat. Yes, the latter is a little old for her, but we'll have a good time watching a tadpole grow into a frog - never too young (or old) for nature!

No comments:
Post a Comment