We switched folds for the day to the pad fold - much easier to use than the kite and origami folds! A pad -folded flat doesn't need to be pinned on, it just lays inside the cover (like our regular soaker pads), and when changing doesn't need to be unpinned and removed by hand, just dumped out of the shell. Addisyn went to bed tonight with the normal flat/prefold combination tonight. We had a little bit of diaper rash today, so I will be keeping an eye on that, but I'm sure that our GroVia Magic Stick will remedy it quickly, as it has on the other occasions she has gotten rashy.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Flats and Handwashing Challenge - Day 3
Well, we had our first leak of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge this morning. It was a small leak around one of Addisyn's legs this morning, it could have been that I didn't get the cover fitted quite right around that leg (it was our overnight flat/prefold combination, so quite bulky), or that she was in the diaper a little longer than usual (she slept about an hour later than she usually does). It wasn't a big leak, and I'm actually a little surprised that we didn't have one sooner since using flats and prefolds is new to us.
The GroVia shells that I washed yesterday afternoon were STILL wet this morning, so obviously I didn't do a very good job of wringing them out, and they were drying inside since we had bad weather last night. I put them outside for an hour or so and presto, dry! Once I was able to change her into a clean, dry cover I hand washed the one she had been wearing and put it on the fence (like the others pictured from this morning). When I went to retrieve it later it was gone! I was pretty sure where it had ended up though... in our neighbor's yard. Fortunately their 4 dogs hadn't come outside and found the shell (they have a doggy door), and I was able to retrieve it using a fishing pole.
We switched folds for the day to the pad fold - much easier to use than the kite and origami folds! A pad -folded flat doesn't need to be pinned on, it just lays inside the cover (like our regular soaker pads), and when changing doesn't need to be unpinned and removed by hand, just dumped out of the shell. Addisyn went to bed tonight with the normal flat/prefold combination tonight. We had a little bit of diaper rash today, so I will be keeping an eye on that, but I'm sure that our GroVia Magic Stick will remedy it quickly, as it has on the other occasions she has gotten rashy.
We switched folds for the day to the pad fold - much easier to use than the kite and origami folds! A pad -folded flat doesn't need to be pinned on, it just lays inside the cover (like our regular soaker pads), and when changing doesn't need to be unpinned and removed by hand, just dumped out of the shell. Addisyn went to bed tonight with the normal flat/prefold combination tonight. We had a little bit of diaper rash today, so I will be keeping an eye on that, but I'm sure that our GroVia Magic Stick will remedy it quickly, as it has on the other occasions she has gotten rashy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment