Don't get me wrong, Addisyn isn't being raised gender neutral. She has plenty of pink and purple in her wardrobe. I like to find cute outfits for her, they just don't have a bunch of extra stuff on them. (Side note: Sometimes I wonder about the safety of things like bows, ribbons, rhinestones, and other small items on baby and toddler clothing. Yes, they do seem to be attached very well each time I've checked, but if it's advised that baby toys shouldn't have small parts which could potentially come off, then why does a lot of clothing?) And she does wear dresses for special occasions. Check out her Easter dress ===============================>I mentioned in the original post that I do sometimes shop in the boys' section for things like pants and shoes, but rarely find much. Most of the time I can find pants in the girls' section, but if they're just too glamoured up for my liking I will check out the boys section. I don't typically buy anything for her that looks "boyish", but the boys' section seems to be the best place to find the plain simple pants, non-decorated, solid-colored t-shirts, and occasionally shoes. Finding shoes in the girls' section for me can be a nightmare - they all seem to be white, pink, or purple, and have all kinds of extras on them. Most of the time what I'm looking for is a nice, solid color (or mostly solid) that can be worn with anything. That is perhaps my biggest pet peeve about a lot of girls' clothing, that so much of it only matches the few things available within that collection. That's why I like pants and shorts that are just plain brown, black, denim, or khaki, because they go with anything, so her wardrobe is more versatile. Think about it, mens' and women's pants are pretty much identical except for sizing and fit. In the toddler section, those differences don't exist, so most of the time boys' pants aren't very gender specific where the girls often are in a big way.
<=== A boy's shirt we had to get because daddy is a pilot! :)
Love it! Great post!
ReplyDelete