Monday, March 2, 2015

Saying Goodbye…

The girls and I are preparing to say goodbye to Matt for 6.5 weeks (starting tomorrow) as he starts his job training with jetBlue.  The last time we were apart that long was several months after we were married and he started working for FlexJet.  We married in May, he left for a month of training in August.  Shortly after he left I began an internship at Kiptopeke State Park that ran August through November, and was then to defend my master's thesis in December.  After training Matt lived with me for about a month at the state park, commuting for work, before relocating to Texas.  It was nearly 2 months before we saw each other again as was finishing my internship and completing my master's degree before I was able to join him in Texas.

While I was pregnant with Elizabeth, Matt began his previous job, and was gone for around 3 weeks for training, while Addisyn and I stayed with my family as we had yet to find a place to live in Virginia.  Last year he was gone just over 2 weeks one time.  This will definitely be the longest stretch the kids have ever gone without seeing him.  It will definitely be the longest stretch I've had as a "single" mom of two.

In the days leading up to his departure Matt has done such an awesome job of trying to make things as easy as possible for me around here, at least for the first little while.  He vacuumed the house, cleaned the bathrooms, did laundry, staked off our garden (I will have someone plow it for us while he's away), took trash to the dump, and helped me to move some things around that I wanted to move in the house.

Hoping and praying for a smooth 6.5 weeks with no unpleasant surprises.  This is definitely something that's doable for us, just something we haven't done in a while, and not since having kids.  I have lots of goals I'd like to accomplish in the next 6.5 weeks: figuring out a new daily schedule for us instead of playing everything by ear, getting back into an exercise routine, doing some sewing, going hiking and spending more time outside as the weather gets nicer, and reorganizing some things in our home.  It also seemed like as good a time as any to begin blogging again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment