Monday, August 16, 2010

A New Bloggining...


I have had a couple of blogs in the past, both of which fell by the wayside or were only sporatically maintained at best.  Upon attempting to sign back into my blogs I discovered that Google had automatically set me up with a new blog dashboard since I switched from a Yahoo email account to a Gmail email account (yes, it HAS been that long since I checked anything blog related).  So, with a new email and therefore new blog account I decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to start fresh, this is my new bloggining!

Of course the first step in creating a new blog is coming up with a name, and I am admittedly terrible at choosing blog names, screen names, and the like.  My very first blog, "Misplaced Virginian" was titled shortly after I moved to Texas, during a time when I was really feeling that I was in a place where I didn't belong.  My second blog, "The Viel Family Blog" was created during our pregnancy with Addisyn to keep family and friends up to speed on doctor's appointments and general pregnancy happenings, hence the self-explanatory, rather boring title.  Third time's a charm, right?  Again, I came up with something on the spot, but the more I think about it the better the fit of the title.  "Chaco" for Chaco sandals (usually just referred to as Chacos - which I happened to have on my feet at the time), a very popular, very comfortable, very well-made outdoor sandal.  "Mama", because (for those of you who didn't know) I became a mother just under 3 months ago.  I really feel that the new blog name captures who I am - an outdoor enthusiast with a little baby girl, two things that will never change (well, except that my little baby girl will eventually grow up... but I will still be a mama).

No comments:

Post a Comment