Addisyn usually wakes up between 5:00 and 6:00 in the morning for her first feeding of the day, sometimes a little earlier. She gets fed and goes back to sleep for a few more hours, and may actually take another nap after her next feeding, so typically our day really gets started around 9 or 10AM. I've never been able to bring myself to nap when she naps during the day, but I am able to sleep in if she continues sleeping and napping in the morning. I am usually up before she wakes up from her morning nap to have some breakfast, get dressed, and get ready for the day.During the day Addisyn nurses every 2-3 hours, and feedings take 20 to 25 minutes each. Of course I am pretty limited in what I am able to do while I am breastfeeding, but I usually pass the time reading, watching TV, or checking my email/Facebook. Between feedings there are of course diapers to change, and speaking of diapers I wash and then line-dry them every other day. I also try to get dishes and laundry done between feedings, take a shower, and this is when we would run errands too. When she's awake between feedings Addisyn and I also do tummy-time (a baby's workout to strengthen their neck, back, and arms), read, play with her play gym, and just spend quality time together in general.
In the evenings if it's not too, too awfully hot we try to take a walk around the neighborhood so that Bailey can get out of the house and get some exercise too. Addisyn gets a bath every other night, and I usually have her in bed right around 9:00, give or take an hour. Once she's sleeping for the evening I have another opportunity to do laundry or dishes if need be, otherwise I will spend some time reading or playing around on my computer before it's time for me to head to bed too. Lather, rinse, repeat....
No comments:
Post a Comment