We started off the day as usual... Nursing, breakfast, getting dressed. Then I threw a load of diapers into the washing machine. We were several staple foods, and running low on many others, so off to Martin's grocery store I went with the girls in tow as always. Elizabeth slept in the Ergo, Addisyn rode in the car-cart - very well-behaved for the most part, and I picked up all the good stuff we needed. Of course with only 3 items in the cart we had to drop everything and head out to the car so Addisyn could pee in her little potty (she has a fear of unfamiliar restrooms, so we come prepared).
Then it was home for a little play time, some lunch, and naps. Addisyn and I went through our usual pre-nap (and bedtime) routine of reading, nursing, brushing teeth, and going to bed. Then it was Elizabeth's turn and I nursed her to sleep in our bed. Usually naps and bed time are reserved for me to just take a much-needed break, but I was feeling unusually motivated to get some things done, so instead of resting myself I headed down stairs. I emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, and washed by hand all of the pots, pans, and larger items in the sink. Cut up tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and cilantro for fresh salsa. Made honey balsamic vinaigrette dressing (yum!). Addisyn did wake up during my culinary work, so, as is the norm, I had to pause what I was doing to get her up and occupied.
Time for a run! I got both kids dressed, Elizabeth nursed, and I got them in the BOB. We walked to the park for a warmup and I ran 5 miles - great run! After I was finished Addisyn had some time to play. She swung for a little while, but the park was crowded, and I was not very impressed with some of the other locals there. Specifically, I didn't care to hear, and more importantly didn't care for Addisyn to hear someone yelling at their kid to "get your ass over here!" We left and walked back to one of the playgrounds in our subdivision where it wasn't so crowded, and nobody was yelling anything inappropriate for a playground environment.
Made a delicious salad for dinner: romaine, grilled chicken, corn, homemade salsa, and homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette - Addisyn liked it as well. Then it was time for baths, bedtime routine, and bed. But my day didn't stop there! We're joining some of my friends and their kids for a hike tomorrow, so after Addisyn was in bed and Elizabeth was nursed to sleep I headed back downstairs to put the jogging stroller in the car (incase I feel really motivated to go for a run after the hike tomorrow - a hike during which I'm sure I'll end up carrying 2 kids before it's over, as this happens with all hikes these days), packed lunches, packed a diaper bag, and laid out clothes for tomorrow. Of course I had to post about the whole thing, too. ;)Whew! I am pleasantly exhausted! Hopefully the girls will allow me a very restful night tonight!



No comments:
Post a Comment