Thursday, August 11, 2011

Breastfeeding Pictures

One thing I wish I had more of?  Breastfeeding pictures.  This may sound strange to anyone who has never breastfed.  Heck, even my husband rolls his eyes and acts like I'm crazy when I ask him to take a picture for me (that has happened all of three times).  Kids grow up too fast, and to keep those memories fresh we all want pictures of them as sweet, sleeping newborns.  Of toothless grins.  Of those messy, early baby food days.  And for breastfeeding mothers: breastfeeding pictures.  I recently heard on the radio that we remember people as they were the last time we saw them, and since I see Addisyn every day I have no recollection of how she looked when she nursed as a tiny newborn.  I can remember that she fell asleep every time and that I'd have to do all kinds of crazy things to wake her up so we could switch sides.  I can remember that breastfeeding hurt for the first several weeks.  But I cannot remember what she looked like, so tiny, snuggled up against me.  Without pictures, in a year I won't remember what she looks like now. This is the closest photo I have of her nursing as a newborn:


This is the first nursing picture I ever had my husband take for me.  How immodest of me!

And then I got my iPhone... :)
(Wow, I forgot that she used to have a little chunkiness!)

At an air show.  I loved that she was nursing while sleeping and wearing ear protection!

I loved reading while nursing, and my Kindle made it so much easier!

Watch out, this one is pretty risque! 

In our ERGO at the Smithsonian.

My sister took this beautiful picture of us at the Rife-Loth dam.  No telling how long until it's demolished... :(

Hanging out at my Joe's (my brother) while he, Pop, and Dad worked on the kitchen floor.

Breastfeeding Flash Mob

The Big Latch On


I think at first I was hesitant to take nursing pictures because I didn't want anyone else to see them, but why not?  Everyone knows I breastfeed, so it's not a big mystery.  And I am not exposed in any way, shape or form in any of the pictures.  And these will be so much better for embarrassing her later than naked baby pictures.  I kid, I kid. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment